The Heritage Wind Community Grant Program is now accepting applications for its Fall 2021 grant cycle.
The program provided more than $9,000 during its last cycle to support local organizations working to build healthy communities, increase environmental sustainability, foster economic development, and promote education, including the following:
- Community Action of Orleans and Genesee
- Supportive Care of Orleans
- The Genesee Orleans Ministry of Concern
- Medina Fire Department
- Town of Barre (Powering the Park)
- Orleans Community Health Foundation
- Orleans-Recovery Hope Begins Here
- Christ Church Community Kitchen
- United Way of Orleans County
Local organizations working in the Town of Barre or the broader Orleans County community are encouraged to apply. Grants are typically awarded in $250 to $4,000 increments, with priority given to proposals that demonstrate meaningful impacts to the greatest number of area residents. We will be accepting applications until October 29, 2021 on our website: https://www.heritagewindpower.com/grant.
The four focus areas for the Heritage Wind Community Grant Program are:
- Building Healthy Communities – Programs that support public health, good government, open communication, citizen resources, and/or enhance the quality of life in the community.
- Economic Development – Apex Clean Energy supports and encourages the entrepreneurial spirit. It is part of our mission to serve as a catalyst for economic opportunity and development within the communities where we operate.
- Environmental Sustainability – Programs that possess a strong link to environmental revitalization, sustainability, or education thereof, empower residents to be stewards of the environment, and/or encourage partnerships to address environmental concerns and sustainability.
- Promoting Education – Programs that support educational institutions, the advancement of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), and training programs for careers in the wind industry. This may include curriculum development, literacy, school readiness, and other initiatives that help students grow into young leaders. Vocational training institutions that help build a skilled workforce are also included and encouraged to apply.